Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Welcome

     To anyone viewing this blog welcome and thank you for stopping by. This is my first blog and I ask for your patience as I build this site. I plan to write about NY professional sports on this page. I will not limit myself to any one team or particular sport. That being said, there are some teams a bit closer to my heart then others and I'm sure you will be able to figure them out rather quickly :).  I plan on covering all the major teams from baseball, football, hockey, basketball, and soccer. Some days I may write a short blurb about something that happened while other days I may write a longer piece about one situation.  I hope you find it interesting and fun to read.
Thanks, Mike


  • Congrats to Arod on hitting number 600. I know it is from the steroid era and all stats from this era must be looked at differently from other eras, but it is still quite a feat. He becomes the seventh player to reach 600. Four are from the steroid years, Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr., Sammy Sosa, and now Alex. Three of the four admitted to using performance enhancing drugs.  To the best of my knowledge Jr. was never accused. Let us not forget that there were only three players in the history of baseball before this period,  Babe Ruth, Willie Mays, and Hank Aaron that hit 600.  That is three players in almost 100 years of baseball and four from a 20 year span. It is impossible to look at these players in the same light. That being said, you are measured against the players from your own era, and please don't tell me that the players named were the only ones using steroids,  and Arod stands out as one of the great hitters from his time.  He is entitled to his day in the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment